I do believe that you are a Christian, who is not simply confessional but you are, by practice too. If you are not there yet, like many of us, at least, that’s what you seek. However, we live in desperate times as people who hold to a Biblical world and life’s view to all matters, and not limited to faith, but practice as well.
In times like ours, where unemployment is on the rise, lack of productivity from people’s enterprises, rising government expenditures at the expense of low income tax payers, political polarization, secularized education, …to mention but a few; I feel strongly that the Lord is asking us two critical questions;
1. “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3)
2. “…when the son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?” (Luke 18:8)
Given the trend of events, it is very possible to throw in the towel and give up the fight to the humanists and the other “…ists”. However, much as the two rhetorical questions above point us to our desperate need for a savior, they also imply that, the redeemed must do some things, if the foundations are destroyed; at least, they must re-build the broken foundations. I am again reminded by what Apostle Paul tells us through the Corinthians that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood. But he makes it clear that, we wrestle with some things. In another breath he says “our weapons are not canal...” but we are armored! Brothers and sisters, we are in a battle zone, especially for the souls of men and women. Education is one battle ground we have ignored for so long as a church. We cannot continue this way.
Master’s institute for education is a Ugandan Christian initiative, commissioned to remind us and to rally us, where possible, for this battle ground of Education.
How may you support MIE?
- Monthly operations: You can become one of our “50/50 partners” for a period of one year (renewable). The 50/50 partners are 50 individual partners, who commit to give a monthly donation to MIE of $50 per month, for a period of 12 months. When you sign up, we let you know how many out of the 50 partners so far we have. After your giving to us for a period of 12 months, we reach out to you, and remind you if you wish to renew your giving or you may wish otherwise. Your gift of $50 will enable us run our monthly operations.
- Special projects: This is where you may choose to give towards specific projects, and at the moment we have the following projects and needs:-
- Publications (50/350 partners): We have various academic text materials in math, science, history, literacy and language development for which we seek capitation for printing. To this we are looking for 50 partners, who may give a one-time donation of $350, towards a particular publication.
- Construction (50/120 partners): Towards the setting up MIE premises, we are at the foundational stage, designing a master plan. After the master plan we shall know how much money we need for the deferent stages of development. For the master plan at the moment we are looking for 50 partners who may give a one-time donation of $120.
For all these partnerships, when you sign up we would tell you how many more partners out of the 50 we still need to hit the target.
A detailed budget can be sent to you on request.
To invest in MIE, you can write a check to:
Master's Institute for Education
Barclays Bank Uganda Ltd, Ntinda Branch
A/c No. 6004761136